Clicky Axle ?

bytespc

Hi peeps..tonight taking a slow right and excelerating normally a sound like a stone caught in a tyre on the left rear...is this the dreaded clicky ? First time in two years of ownership or could it be a sticking caliper? Once on the move at normal speeds no noise....

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Tough one. Of course check all tires to find the offending stone. if it's a sticking caliper, that wheel will be the dirtiest, that's one way to identify a sticking caliper if you didn't already know. If it's not that and you think it's a clicking axle then i know there is a sticky on this forum somewhere that tells you how to DIY.

• Like 1

Common issue on the zeds, there is a big thread on how to fix it, search axle click in the search box.

Thanks Bradders I've already had a good read but being physically unable will ask Horsham to look and fix when car goes in for p2 in July.

Tough one. Of course check all tires to find the offending stone. if it's a sticking caliper, that wheel will be the dirtiest, that's one way to identify a sticking caliper if you didn't already know. If it's not that and you think it's a clicking axle then i know there is a sticky on this forum somewhere that tells you how to DIY.

Thanks already eye balled the discs and the Wheel is no dirtier than the other side .

eae6868a401ef964fb78f118b5323add.jpg

The culprit and additional tear...was offered a repair but I wouldn't have had faith in it so opted for a pair of Dunlop SP GTX so they match across the Axle.