What size tyres?

Hudders

I've just bought a set of 18" Rays wheels for the 350Z. 8" front and 8.5" rears.

What's the best size for these wheels?

At the moment they're fitted with 225 front and 245 rear. Can i go wider at the back?

Front 245/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport 3 AO (Audi spec, to be replaced with Super Sports) Tyre height 6mm shorter, speedo difference 1%

Rear 265/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport 2 N4 (Porsche spec) Tyre height 8mm shorter, speedo difference 1%

I can't provide any guarantees but Ive been running the above for a few years now without issue on standard Rays, traction control works as normal.

It lowers the car slightly due to the shorter side wall height. This means the radius of the tyres reduces meaning your speedo will over read very slightly i.e. around 1%. This is on the safe side as in if your doing an indicated 70mph the true speed of your car will be slightly less. Even on standard tyres as in common with most cars the speedo over reads slightly, if your doing 80mph (in a controlled off road environment only of course) and you check your GPS your actually doing 76mph. I tested it before and after and can't even see 1mph difference. Someone will correctly if I'm wrong but I understand a speedo can legally over read by up to 10%

I hope thats of some help.

not answering your question but....

Asda tyres have a 10% off voucher, just type 140 then 7 random numbers in the coupon box. I used it earlier this week to bag 4 MPSS inc. install for ~£550

Edited by Randy_Baton
  • Like 1