Track Day - Thruxton - 24th June

grahamc

Hmmm if I have the spare £££ I might pop down, I love thruxton.

Although last time I drove it I was in an Audi R8 and single seater formula Renault, and Tiff Needel was hooning round overtaking everyone sideways in an m4 :)

Just back from the Nurburgring, cant do Thruxton but Im at castle combe 9/9/16 day before forge motorsport if anyone wants to book the same day.

We got to do a parade lap in the GTR for N24H race this year, was good fun.... did 10m 40, on parade :D

Hmmm if I have the spare £££ I might pop down, I love thruxton.

Although last time I drove it I was in an Audi R8 and single seater formula Renault, and Tiff Needel was hooning round overtaking everyone sideways in an m4 :)

Awesome!! We will be in a megane and the mx5, but the GTR will be there in support.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was a great day..... car performed well! Must have done 10-12 sessions in the MX5 and no major issues. Exhaust is blowing a bit now, so will need to get that sorted. Also the car seems to dislike idling after a big session, once its been cooled (left idling fine) and then started again 10 minutes later - very odd. Went out for the last session, had a good run, came in and let the car cool, then switched off and came back about 10 minutes later to leave and just would not idle, so had to heel and toe for next 5 minutes while driving.

It tipped it down during lunch and myself and a friend (in a Renault Megane) were 1st in queue to go out in the wet and had a great session!! Absolutely loved it out in the wet :)