The future of Design in education

rtbiscuit

Now this isn't directly car related but as a lot of people on here come from technical, design or engineering backgrounds it might be a subject that strikes a chord with you.

With the introduction of the new EBACC system creative subjects are being squeezed out and in some schools being dramatically altered or even closed. if you are a strong believer in the value of creative subjects you should have a quick peek at this

https://www.data.org.uk/news/ebacc-debate-in-parliament-on-monday-4-july-2016/

and if possible write to your local MP

interestingly I have just done that but what I got in the automated response surprised me

If you are asking me to attend or speak in a debate, as a Minister I do not participate in these debates but I will endeavour to find out about the issue and will wait till after the debate before replying, so that I can provide you information from what the Government Minister said in the debate.

if my mp won't attend any debates at all or speak at any, are they actually representing me as a constituency member; someone brighter and smarter may be able to give me an answer on this :lol:

• Like 1