Mortgage offer and changing job before completion - Advice please?

veeg33

Was supposed to moved into our new house before last year's Xmas but unfortunately due to various build issue and delay from national grid connecting our new house, We are still renting at the moment and considered ourselves lucky that we are not on the chain.

Having said that, a recruiter just rang me today and there might be a job suitable for me. I'm an Engineer (for the past 9 years) but currently on secondment within same company as a Asst Project Manager. I'll most likely move back to engineering once secondment ended in July this year. I'm really keen to stay in project management hence I'm interested with to explore further. He's got a role perfect for me and it's something I would like to do rather than going back into engineering and wait for other opportunity within my current company.

The big question:

I've got a mortgage offer now, just waiting for completion hopefully by July 2016. If I'm successful, i might start before completion hence I need to inform my lender. Since this is a new job, I'll be on 3 months probation. Will my lender see this as high risk and retract the mortgage offer?

Any mortgage adviser here in the forum or any fellow forum member in this boat before?

Thanks guys :thumbs: