advice needed! new exhaust system issues. berks stillen isr.

LDUNKZ18

right guys looking for some advice, went to fit my new system today after about 2 months of having the parts in the garage, been getting the car painted etc so not had time untill this weekend.

The issue i'm having is the stillen y pipe is hard against the chassis on the passanger side.. Are they all like this? i have fitted the berks hfc's which fit perfectly with no issues. i thought at first i had the y-pipe the wrong way round so i removed it and flipped it but this way it doesn't match up to the flanges on the cats.

The reason i flipped the y-pipe in the first place was because the ISIS GT SINGLE EXIT system i have isn't fitting right.. the middle section is hard up against the prop shaft.. i slackened off the bolts and it drops down giving it a bit of room but even trying to hold it down in place and tightening the bolts up it just pulls the system straight again and again against the propshaft.. so i then thought maybe i have the middle box on wrong way so i flipped it, this does seem to take it more into the middle but i was under the impression the single exit system came out the passanger side.. maybe it should come out the drivers side? Will have another go tomorrow trying different ways to get it to fit better.. not too happy if the stillen y-pipe is against the chassis though and i can't see any way of fixing that.

Any help or advice is appreciated guys.

PM ZIPPYPOOZ, I was with him at the garage when he had the same problem. Only option was to cut the flanges off and do a reweld with them the other way round. We thought he had a Friday afternoon one of the production line and they had welded the flanges the wrong way but maybe not now as you have exactly the same issues as he did. Not sure his was a Stillen but certainly the same issues.

Edited by Payco

Yep, honestly. Have just spoken to Steve - Zippypooz, He will be on here shortly. I wonder if these are shipped from the USA and the match up underneath is different on cars in the USA.

Edited by Payco

they are but if they dont fit why are tarmac supplying them. i will message chris and find out what the deal is. and if its not gonna fit hopfully me and chris can come to a deal for returning it as it was just out the box today!

Strange. Steve had the same dilema but was so keen he took the decision to cut the flanges off and weld them the other way around. Car and exhaust are fine now.

yeah steve has messaged me it was his ypipe he cut the flanges from i thought u meant the middle section of the isis box. surely it cant be the same issue when i have a different ypipe to him.. doing my head in thinking about it now!

My isr exhaust fit fine, only issue I had was catching on the underbrace. That's fit to an eBay special Y pipe and it's all good no problems, Chris also supplied mez

Fit a stillen Y pipe and berk hfc to my mates car and had a little issue with clearance on pass side as you mention by the sounds of it, slackening everything off and adjusting before tightening down have it enough room, close but no rubbing. Usual exhaust fitment issues / fitting procedure tbh.

Yeah i slackened cats off and im now getting more clearance and theres side to side play aswell so will manage to position it better still going to be close to prop but enough of a gap to not cause any damage... id say its definitely a design flaw with isr middle box.. they should of made it more of a cylinder than oval box but then they weren't expecting folk to use y pipes with no flexis haha. Should have it up and running tonight and eill post some pictures and sound clips to my biild thread

Yeah louder, more snap crackle pop.

There's a guy on YouTube that did the same thing, he put a vid of it standard isr then with the centre box deleted. Think I just searched for isr or isis exhaust 350z, his videos are dark and rubbish but it's for the sound.