Bought a 350Z from a forum member.

Hi and welcome, i've had my Z for three weeks i think and I know exactly what you mean about pulling away at first, it takes a little getting used to thats for sure, but wow, such a car! So much fun! Pity you've taken it away from Milton Keynes or you would be local :p

Mark

Haha! Was very gentle with mine when I drove it back in the rain in February after buying; didn't dare turn traction control off for a few months!

Also called the previous owner to ask where the fuel flap release button was and then realised it only required a light touch :)

Edited by Oversteer

I'm still struggling with pulling away smoothly. Simply because the engine and exhaust is loud on this car. My natural reaction is to release the accelerator when I hear the revs at 1500. Only done around 150 miles. The first 100 is buying the car and bringing it back to Cambridge.

Fuel flap wasn't an issue for me! I spent quite a bit of time looking at youtube videos before buying the car.

Fitting the Xtreme clutch/single-mass flywheel/uprated slave cylinder kit made a massive difference to smooth pulling away in mine.

Guess being brand new makes a big difference, but the action is improved over stock and the greater rev control / quicker throttle response helps too.

Imagine you just need to get to know the car. I moved house with a 1.6 Astra SRi recently; getting back in the Z took me a few minutes to recalibrate!