Recording service history

Ozz

Something I've meant to do on other cars but never got around to - recording what I do to a car.

I've done a quick draft spreadsheet to record details on the car, I'm thinking I can add pics over time with whatever I do to the car, plus record when I spend money on her. Thinking of resale (long time off hopefully!) its bound to add value when you can just send someone a link and they can know everything about the car.

Anyway, thought I'd share it incase it inspires others to do something similar...or to share what you already have!

linky (xls)

Perhaps other people have cooler ways of recording car shizzle? Didn't want to do a web page as I only want the info to be local to me for obvious reasons. Anyone think of anything else useful I should record?

Very good idea Ozz. Would have thought especially on a car like the zed. Will indicate to a potential buyer that work has been done as an optional upgrade rather than a required repair.

Never miss an op to take pictures too. Car looks fantastic by the way :teeth:

Work done on an import before delivery is also useful, wether it has been undersealed, ICE work etc.

Good shout ;)

Very good idea Ozz. Would have thought especially on a car like the zed. Will indicate to a potential buyer that work has been done as an optional upgrade rather than a required repair.

Never miss an op to take pictures too. Car looks fantastic by the way :teeth:

Work done on an import before delivery is also useful, wether it has been undersealed, ICE work etc.

Good shout ;)

Good call, didn't think of the work already done. I think I'll create a second sheet with notes linked of the first sheet so the front stays tidy. I thought I could also hyperlink the pictures to a write-up of what was done.

:blush: pretty sad really, I insist on good I.T. documentation in work...now I'm documenting my car!

I`ve used a spreadsheet for years on my cars. They are very helpful in working out the running costs and remembering how many miles your tyres do, and what you paid for things last time, etc, etc.

ah! I should put mileage on there as well..good call!