UPDATE 15/09/16 - SC GT86

Leosille

The adjustment of the coilovers on my MX5 has actually added to it all.... I can really get the backend lively or it can be set to keep it relatively tame.

Looking forward to your progress.

When you taking it on track? Which track?

The adjustment of the coilovers on my MX5 has actually added to it all.... I can really get the backend lively or it can be set to keep it relatively tame.

I need to look at some availability of track days, I live in Coulsdon not too far from Yourself think if I remember correctly? I would love to come and see your collection of cars sometime, when have you got a track day planned?

I need to look at some availability of track days, I live in Coulsdon not too far from Yourself think if I remember correctly? I would love to come and see your collection of cars sometime, when have you got a track day planned?

I used to..... have since moved into the city and the car are dotted all over the place :(

Looking to do a track day in the MX5 on 24th June at Thruxton (will only have the MX5 on track, but should have the GTR there as a support vehicle) and then over to Goodwood for FoS on the Sunday.

Edited by grahamc

• 3 months later...

So next on my list was to get some coilovers, after being told the Teins weren't available for when I needed, I researched the American forums and found ST Suspension. ST XTA coilover is what I went for, manufactured directly at KW, they have adjustable damping with top mounts, also a nice drop in height was a must!

IMG_8428_zpsrld2w6ny.jpg

Next was my trip to the Nurburgring, the second this year. First time round I was very fortunate to be riding with Bennett and had a unforgettable weekend, where I got a good taste and appreciation for the place. It's an amazing place to go and meeting so many like minded people with the same passion is incredible!

IMG_8234_zps9bvqxldh.jpg

The coilovers and alignment were carried out at Fensport, a great service and highly recommended. I asked for a fast road/ track setup and the car feels unbelievable, after letting a number of people with performance cars drive my car, they have commented on how great my 86 is and how much enjoyement you can have in it.

IMG_8469_zpsf5mzr2kc.jpg

The 86 at the ring... it was quite daunting going on to the track, once the barriers had gone up there was no going back! The respect you have to have for the track is unreal, it was highly challenging but after a few laps then having Bennett coach me it became very rewarding. The car performed faultlessly, I completed 9 laps in total over the long weekend, but by the end to say I was hooked is an understatement! I really hope to complete some driver training and UK trackdays before getting back out there next year, 3/4 trips next year is the aim.

Next on the list for me is upgraded brake pads and lines, the oem discs and pads worked well but if I want to push on some better pads should help me out. I also need to have the car raised slightly as my front arch liners took a beating, I believe it was the bottom of Foxhole and the Carousel which took these out! Seeing so many stripped out cars with cages and upgraded seats really got me thinking how far to go with the car, next year the stripping process may begin.

IMG_8510_zpskxurfm80.jpg

IMG_8554_zpsiquoyh53.jpg

IMG_8552_zpsuklqdymy.jpg

• Like 1