Clicking noise from the front?

Phill_92

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before. Currently working away from home with terrible internet access so I cant spend much time searching threads.

Anyway I was home last weekend driving the Zed with both windows down for this first time in a while. I have now noticed that the front passenger wheel is clicking pretty loudly, infact so loud I have noticed its turning peoples heads.

I jacked the car up but unfortunately have lost my locking nut key so I just span the wheel but couldn't get it to click or see anything obviously wrong. I've notice the clicking stops if I turn to the right.

The noise is definitely associated with rotation of the wheel and sounds exactly like a CV joint but i'm 99% sure it is coming from the front, does any one have any ideas what this could be?

P.s. First thing I checked was stones in the tyres!

Thanks in advance.

It frequency increases with increased speed an de-creases with less speed. starts from near enough as soon as the wheel starts rotating. Road surface has no effect on the noise. I'm really stumped. Think I will have to go to Nissan to get a new locking nut key and get then get the wheel off and have a dig around.

Thanks.