My seat knightmare!...

breay

Hi guys!

well i finally picked up my 350z last week and after owning an Evo 8 for three years i have to say the sound of it more than makes up for the second slower 0-60!

I bought a non GT as ive got quite a few plans for the Z and want to change everything the GT comes with ne way. Problem is i really wanted to change the seat for a set of brides but have now found out that the originals have air bags! i should have done my homework more! So now i think im going to get mine retrimmed instead, does any one know any good trimmers in the south east (kent) area?

Cheers! :teeth:

Think if you speak to Zedrush on here, he's doing the same thing with Brides.... he'll be here soon. He can't resist!

Also it has been done, Adam from Z1 Auto or Bigphil should be able to help..... sure one of them will respond shortly....

I have the Cobra Misano's in mine but used a Bride subframe that I customised to fit the Cobra seat! :) If you want to go down the retrim route though, you could try D-Class. They are based in Woking, a yell.com search should bring up their phone number. Their work is exceptional but I have no doubt that you will probably be able to get them trimmed cheaper elsewhere.

I know mate its a big tradeoff, i think its a safer option to go down the trimming route as getting rid of the airbags i think is a bit stupid. Any suggestions of colours etc or pics that you know off to go with an azure blue Z??

:teeth:

I know mate its a big tradeoff, i think its a safer option to go down the trimming route as getting rid of the airbags i think is a bit stupid. Any suggestions of colours etc or pics that you know off to go with an azure blue Z??

:teeth:

What do you mean when you say get rid of the airbags??? The whole system of just the seats??? Can't see the seats doin that much, plus can't see it bein hard to bypass...

Nice Andy, am considering those for mine... Were the sub frames hard to do or have you got access to necessary tools and equipment?

Was bidding on some Recaros on Ebay the other week which would have suited the Zed, but those Cobras look the part.

I sat in Kev from Envys car and they felt firm and gave support in the right places but were comfey too.

Cheers guys :blush:

The Misano's aren't the cheapest about but I love them and wouldn't swap them for any other seat I have tried out.

For the subframes, I got some Bride subframes and attached some cross runners made by a local company I use for a variety of things. Got some pics below of how I did it..........

Picture321.jpg

Picture323.jpg

Picture327.jpg

Picture328.jpg

B)