Flat Battery!!!

KS2006

Hi All,

I will ask the question. My car is now repaired - however the battery is completely flat so I can't get the car till tommorow (so 10 days from breakdown to getting it back RESULT!).

Do 350z's eat batteries or something. It's been parked up since the 14th and has flattend itself? Or am I being paranoid in the fact that doesn't the alternator run off the fan belt? Perhaps that's knackered eh!?

Cheers all.

Should have the car back tommorow - then to check the mileage and condition and see how much it's worth.

Mine gets left up to a week at a time without use and never had any issues at all. It may have been drained from any lights on in the car over that time, dealer may have left interior light on or something. Once charged see how it goes. :)

My 05, 8,000 miles Roadster has had a flat battery twice recently now. Tend not to drive it in bad weather, especially as it is in a garage over the road and I dont want to get wet either! Both times it was only 7 days after previous use, had to jump it but been told that can mess things up?

I can't use a trickle charger as no power in or near the garage, although a solar powered one would work if anyone could recommend one? I also saw an ad for a 'jump starter' that plugs into the cigarette lighter, looked very small and neat.

The battery going flat was one of the main problems that I have had. I do not use the car every day but it was regularly charged but still it went flat. Bought a decent British Battery. The problem has now gone away ;)