Hi all (again) and introducing The AndyC £2k Challenge

AndyC

Any GTO / 3000GT at that price is going to cost you £3000 in the first year of ownership ;)

Take it from a man who knows.

These cars need to be top dollar models with plenty of history to prevent expensive repairs.

My book says 200sx or BMW3 series. Even a 5 series 535 could be got with plenty of mileage left. Not the fastest but loads of fun

If you didn't stipulate rwd I would also suggest an FTO with the 2 litre V6 engine. Lotsa revs and plenty of fun. Good reputation for strength too.

Celica's are great. Mrs Ming had a pop up head light model 5 1/2 years and it only needed routine stuff. Took some real abuse and she has the new shape one as a replacement. (You will not get this model for that price though you might get the in between model with double head lights.)

I always get excited when I go car shopping even if it is for a banger. A 'new' car is always an adventure.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Ming the envious

Wonder if you'd be able to pick up a 300sx at that price? Would probably be a dog though.

i would imagine so.. Nissan didnt make a 300sx :p;)

Nissan? I was on about the Roland 300sx piano you fool, might be a laugh instead of a car.

:blush: Or maybe I meant 300zx... :teeth:

I hadn't thought of the 200SX, that's not a bad shout actually. MR2 Turbo was in my thinking, the only downside is that if you actually need to do anything to it it's an absolute bitch to get to anything on the engine.

If you have to let the ZED go the 200SX looks a good shout - have you seen the latest EV0 that found when they purchased a standard one (for some thrash around against other teams) it was pushing out about 20bhp more than Nissan claimed when new :scare: + they found their buy a very tidy one...................just my two pennies worth ;)

Wonder if you'd be able to pick up a 300sx at that price? Would probably be a dog though.

i would imagine so.. Nissan didnt make a 300sx :p;)

Nissan? I was on about the Roland 300sx piano you fool, might be a laugh instead of a car.

:blush: Or maybe I meant 300zx... :teeth:

SHud-up Fool, quit your jibber jabber! :boxing::lol:

I hadn't thought of the 200SX, that's not a bad shout actually. MR2 Turbo was in my thinking, the only downside is that if you actually need to do anything to it it's an absolute bitch to get to anything on the engine.

If you have to let the ZED go the 200SX looks a good shout - have you seen the latest EV0 that found when they purchased a standard one (for some thrash around against other teams) it was pushing out about 20bhp more than Nissan claimed when new :scare: + they found their buy a very tidy one...................just my two pennies worth ;)

went to a rolling road session on sunday (@tdi north). One guy put his 17year old bog standard CRX on there. came out the factory with 150bhp and made 165bhp on the rollers. Now thats impressive, especially as its N/A. :teeth:

went to a rolling road session on sunday (@tdi north). One guy put his 17year old bog standard CRX on there. came out the factory with 150bhp and made 165bhp on the rollers. Now thats impressive, especially as its N/A. :teeth:

MK2? Loved the CRX until it went all girly and floppy-toppy! :dry:

Yeah i think its the MK2 square looking one with the clear panel at the back. j plate i think. Apart from the seats that were slightly torn (stitched with CRX looked nice) Engine was super quiet and bodywork looked pretty decent.

Yeah i think its the MK2 square looking one with the clear panel at the back. j plate i think. Apart from the seats that were slightly torn (stitched with CRX looked nice) Engine was super quiet and bodywork looked pretty decent.

Ahhhh. I had the Civic from the same generation and I wanted one of them more than life itself. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, again not been around so sorry!

All of your suggestions are VERY much appreciated as are your comments :thumbs:

Still not got round to getting rid of the Z but I'm thinking best bet is to punt to a trader, I can't be bothered advertising and also having to tart her up before. Liams Z doesn't surprise me you have a girly contact at the trader, I'll bear it in mind lad - does this one also offer taxi services ;)

rickya - soz mate but that pimped option just aint me, maybe for me Dad!!! :lol:

3 series would be a good idea but I've always said I won't have a beemer unless it has a M badge, I've nearly gone against that a couple of times and I'm now glad I haven't.

Ming & lomoto - cheers for the advice on the Mitis, I'll give them a wide berth.

Great prices on the Scoobies but I haven't got a big enough cap or trainer collection for one of them (apologies to anyone that has/has had one, they're just not my bag).

I've decided that the MR2 is going to be a no go, purely because i'm going back to ice hockey training in a few months and I won't fit my stick in, let alone my kit bag! Plus it has kinda got that bit more of a hairdresser image hasn't it?

So, what does that leave me with? Well, thanks to you all that suggested the 200SX, it hadn't really figured in my thinking and is currently top of the list. After that I reckon Celica GT4. So it's been narrowed down nicely and I've had some top advice.

Thanks again guys and I'll let you know how I get on!!! :thumbs: