Where can i get a sat nav dash!?

sonny

Hi there, i was wondering if anybody knew where i could get a sat nav dash for my 350? im after the one which is used on the earlier Z's with the birdview sat nav which has a lid on to close it also! reason being i was thinking of getting one of these and putting a screen in place where the sat nav would go and connecting a dvd unit to it, does anyone know where i can get hold of this or how much it would roughly set me back? heres an example of what im talking about:

Is it a difficult job to change this over? does anyone know what size screen i can fit in there also? any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

satnavdash.jpg[/img]

I got the cubby from Beadles Nissan Maidstone, got the satnav + LCD touchscreen + traffic plugin off assorted ebay sellers. I'll try & dig out all the invoices for some prices & contacts - but all told I think it came to around £700-800 (maybe less though). The Kenwood screen also has another input, so you can wire in a reversing camera or a TV plug-in or a DVD player :)

Had it all installed by an ICE shop (Sounds Alarming) in Welling for about £120, who did a top job and who I've sent several other people wanting the same install to :)

I bought the satnav cubby from USA - if you search through threads in ICE section for screen install you will find the info I posted at the time (including parts diagram).. I installed the screen myself (touchscreen 7inch - this is the best size to fit here) and you can find info using search on that..

• 1 month later...

This looks perfect for what I'm after.

I've recently bought an import 2005 Fairlady. It has the Japanes sat nav built in which I am looking to replace with a UK satnav and dvd player combined.

The cubby hole has the motorised door. Do you know if this is the same as this one:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

That is 2006 but I don't know if they're the same.

I would like to replace the Japanese buttons with the nav finisher and have the dvd / satnav installed, as well as having the radio converted to UK.

Does anyone know if this can all be done on an import? And if so, can you reccomend someone who can install this for me in the London area?

Thanks,

Hendo