Window Drop Issue

STRBramley

Hi All,

I had a new roof fitted to my 350z yesterday which looks fantastic.

However, I'm having an issue with my windows catching due to them not dropping slightly when the door is opened.

I can see that they try to drop but it feels there isn't enough force on them.

See video below for a better description of the issue.

The place I had the hood fitted at said that the mechanism needs greasing but I'm not sure which sections to grease?

I've done the reset fix but it doesn't help for when the door is opened.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its new or recondition window motor time I'm affraid. That's the symptoms you get when they are knackered, refusing to auto-pinch.

I dont even own a soldering iron so refurbing them wasnt an option for me, instead i opted for a pattern part motor from USA to save some money. Good luck, they arent cheap either way!

My topic: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/98862-window-motor-from-america/

Edited by Sargara

Its new or recondition window motor time I'm affraid. That's the symptoms you get when they are knackered, refusing to auto-pinch.

I dont even own a soldering iron so refurbing them wasnt an option for me, instead i opted for a pattern part motor from USA to save some money. Good luck, they arent cheap either way!

My topic: http://www.350z-uk.c...r-from-america/

Cheers for the help. Do you know of anywhere in the UK I could get the motor from?

• 2 weeks later...

You could always fit new brushes as its these being worn that cause the failure. You could also try cleaning out the motor as its bound to be full of muck and crap but this will only be a short term fix. A set of brushes will set you back the extortionate sum of.........£5.