Couple of new owner questions

bigfoot

I've owned my 370z a couple of weeks now and all is going well,

Just got a couple of questions that hopefully you guys can help with,

My Zed has the sat nav/phone and single cd player option,

Up to now when I've been setting these up or sorting out the memory options I've had the engine running is there away of having the ignition on or powering the sat nav and stereo with out running the engine.

Also in the centre console box there's a round power plug in, a USB port and 3 small round coloured plug ins,

I'm guessing that the 3 small round coloured plug ins are perhaps a dvd plug in option.

I have an android phone and I've tried plugging it in the USB port to either download or play my music but its not recognising my phone,

Is there an AUX plug I've not found yet or any other way of downloading music into the memorybox apart from off a cd.

Thanks

What year is your 370? Has it not got Bluetooth? Mine is just set so it connects to my phone as soon as the ignition is switched on without needing to plug into anywhere, just leave my phone in my pocket and plays all the music stored on my phone controlled through the car stereo.

I have however got the connections you describe in the cubby box, I've never needed to plug into them though.

As far as I know the 3 connections are phono audio (left/right) and video. For 3.5mm stereo AUX input you'll need to get a phono > 3.5mm adapter :)

...or just use bluetooth!

Edited by jan8p

Plugging in via the USB port is a bit hit and miss. I have an Ipod Nano plugged in permanently and it works fine - the system recognises tracks, albums and even displays the album art on the nav screen. I once tried plugging in a digital Walkman and it wasn't recognised at all. You could try a USB stick or invest in a cheap Ipod and leave it in the cubby.

As above, Bluetooth is an option, but the plug in method has the advantage that you're not draining your phone's battery.

Edited by sipar69

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be dense but just to confirm, your able to make it play music from your phone once connected by bluetooth? What are you selecting to make it play? Aux?

Can't seem to make mine play at all.

Any help would be much appreciated :D

Thanks guys,

I finally got it to play music from my phone via the Bluetooth,

It seems the previous owner had changed the Bluetooth settings to call audio only.

I also transferred my music on to a memory stick which I put in the USB slot, that plays through the aux option in the stereo.

DJan check your Bluetooth settings,

Edited by bigfoot