350Z Roadster Roof Question

DaddyCee

I may have missed it but I hope you went with Mohair ! Had mine done in September in Mohair, looked across at the car next to me which had just been done in vinyl and mine was the right decision. Cheap vinyl waste of money in my opinion unless you are skint or are going to sell the car soon...........

• Like 1

yes went for Black Mohair:)

Hope for some better weather now. The guy said that I could drop the roof after 24 hours of installation. But I have been reading to wait 3 - 4 weeks. So I am erring on the side of caution. Hopefully the British summer won't be over by that time though.

DC.

Yeah keep it up for a couple of weeks at least. Until the stretch has it sitting flush in the rear cover. If we get another warm spell it all helps. I've had mine down nearly every day this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't told to keep mine up when mine was changed. Is this important as if it is, it's another fudge up by junction 17 cars!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the guy done mine he said to leave it up for about 4 days, let it stretch and shrink.

He also told me not to put any sort of detergent on it when washing the car, the same for any protectants as well, he said once you start applying these things you have to keep it up and that the roof would be waterproof for a few years untill you need to coat it.

When you do start using the sealent/protectant he said to do it every 6 months (before the winter/summer)

I forgot to mention mines is Mohair.

I think with your last question it'd be ok to put the roof down for a while but not too long, it needs to stretch.

Hope this helps you.

ps i need door rubbers too (top ones) so if any traders are reading this could you help me out?

Cheers

Robert