Silenced decats

martybhoy

So I'm contemplating getting a set prior to an uprev.

Are they exactly what they say on the tin? By that I mean, how different are they in sound (volume/tone) to regular cats or high flow cats.

I'm still expecting there to be an increase in volume over regular cats. I just don't want my car droning/waking up the neighbours any more that currently if possible.

Also I see many unbranded sets on eBay. Do you have any recommendations for a particular set?

On idle I found them quieter, low rpm's similar to stock, mid range was louder and more raspy and full clat louder aswell.

They where not droney on the motorway and also popped and banged a bit on down shifts where was my HFC don't.

Have alook through my channel vids, there are a few different exhaust clips on there with the set up in the description.

Tom.

Edited by Tomb

Thanks for that vid tomb. I'm trying to judge but I don't think that's too far off my current noise level.

Also it sounded sweet. Very nice!

Any other brands that members have experience with?

I have motordyne ones on my car with an Ark Grip exhaust , its pretty loud, I think Blobbish's car with milltek and japspeed is quieter