Fold in mirrors

z350convert

Flyboy mod works with the remote, lock/unlock.

Op is asking if they can be folded when ignition is turned on/off.

Not sure what benefit that would have over the more usual remote fob operation, but I'm sure he'll be back to elaborate.

The Flyboy mod operates when the central locking is activated from the remote, if that's what you mean by applying power to the car.

Op wants operation when ignition is switched, hence not the Flyboy mod. If that's what he intended. Bit of an echo in here...

Only person echoing in here seems to be you buddy.

As I stated before I was under the impression that when power is applied to the car (by turning the key unless you've got some fancy key that starts turns the ignition when you unlock it)

• Like 1

I'll just leave this here from the flyboy mod thread

I have the module working in the following format with the Mirror Switch in the off (Centre) position

• With the Ignition off when the doors are locked with either the key-fob or internal switch, the mirrors fold in.
  • With the ignition on (or Acc Circuit on) the device is inhibited and locking the doors will not fold the mirrors. (This is to prevent the mirrors folding if the doors are locked when driving.)
  • With the ignition off when doors are unlocked the mirrors stay folded.
  • When the ignition is switched on (or Acc Circuit switched on) the mirrors unfold.
  • Switching the ignition off then locking the doors folds the mirrors once again.

Only person echoing in here seems to be you buddy.

Exactly. That was the point.

I have the conversion. I know how it works. Unfortunately the info quoted is not entirely accurate.

1 & 5 are the same thing, like I said, mirrors fold when the doors are locked. 3 is wrong, fairly obviously, if the car is off and locked, then unlocking it unfolds the mirrors. That's kind of the whole point of the operation. Other operations can be affected by the switch position rather than leaving it in the centre/off position. But that's as standard.

Point was, that what the op appears to be asking, and what the Flyboy mod achieves, are two different things. Hence my first post, to prevent confusion, not to start a bickering thread.

Thank you very much. I enjoyed that conversation and both of you are right on the money. I hadn't heard of the flyboy thing and it hadn't occurred to me that it could be done by the remote. I don't mind how I do it really as long as I can automate the process as sometimes I forget to turn them in with the switch. Speaking of which, my car only has a 2 position rocker, it's a 2003 car.

Any tips on what I need to get and fit?

Thanks again

• Like 1