Off road Green laning

TT350

Hi guys.

I'd like to get back into off road motorbiking again. I used to love Yamaha YZ250 but people wouldn't tolorate the noise.

The adventure and scenery when riding was wonderful.

Luckily I grew up in a very rural area and could ride freely until the police began to crack down on it.

You can't just ride any more like we all used to. Your bike needs to be taxed and insured.

I'm going to have a try of Enduro/Green laning and get into some regional clubs. Thought it'd be nice to see if there are any like minded members on here that would enjoy doing it and meeting fellow forum members around the country. Or even organise an off road event abroad.

Here's my old KTM. 250 EXC.

Notice how I had a motorbike in my front room pre-girlfriend lol.

20120711_144522.jpg

Used to do a fair bit of off roading but only touched on green laning, it was really tricky to find the genuine green lanes (legal byeways) and when I did it there didnt seem to be many clubs and it was the very early days of forums. My nephew does it and loves it, there are regular ride outs so he goes along to learn the routes, he also does a few enduro days at organised events which are very cheap. Its not for me anymore, I wouldnt take a bike anywhere near a road, no matter how brief it might be to get to the next offroad trail.