Any 350z for sale?

Stephanie

To be fair £2k for a 20 year old with only 1 year NCB isnt too bad. I payed £1200 for my first year insurance when i was 24 with 6 years NCB.

It gets much cheaper the next year on though...

Good luck with your search.

Wow £1200 with 6 years NCB!! That's a fair chunk! Thanks man, I'm hoping il find the right oneðŸ‘ðŸ¼

I would recommend giving Multicar from admiral a go through there site i put both my parents on my car (they have 30+ years each) saved me a fortune in insurance I am £257 for the year now and 23 years old fully comp and all mods declared.

Good luck finding your Z

Unfortunately the quote for £2K was with my parents on, learnt that trick on my first car saved me loads! Thankyou!

Welcome to the forum :wave: .

Try sending a PM to some of the insurance company traders on the forum for a quote.

Where abouts can I find them? Still finding my way around the forum -I downloaded taptalk but it doesn't seem to notify me when someone replies to my post?? Il have a search for them though

Good luck finding a z bought mine at 20 :D managed to get it down to 1.5 payed out right though had for 2 years about to insure for the 3rd time in June :) welcome to the forums!!

Ah awesome!! Nice to see someone else is as mad as me -getting a car with a V6 at 20â˜ºï¸ how much was yours 2nd time around?

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly, don't get fully focused on low mileage cars. As in your FB post, you said yourself, a 60k car that was abused around the track and not serviced right would be in far worse condition than a car with 100k on the clock which was used as a daily looked after.

My Zed is just over 70k miles, I only do about 4-5k miles per year, but I still service it twice per year and it's been supercharged for nearly 3 years now with zero problems.

Regarding insurance... As said above, try admiral. When I got mine, I actually forgot to do insurance check before I bought it :lol: and at the start I was getting over £2k quotes. I went with admiral and it was 1600...I then added my mum as a "named driver" and it went down to 800. So give that a go, unless you already tried it.

Hi Vlad,

Yeah I fully appreciate that but I'm only going to have it for 3 years or so before I sell it on, so I don't want to buy one with 90K miles and then struggle to sell it because it's racked up to £120K + (il be using it as my daily)

Amazing £800 is super cheap but I have already put both parents on and gone through most comparisons sites.. Going to try Adrian flux as I don't think they are on comparison sites. Probably get a cheaper price going directly to them aswell.

Thankyou for the help! ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

On the insurance side. Make sure you put down the estimated milage correct. If its a weekend or fun car that you will only be doing 5k per year in then insure for that as the difference between that and say 12k miles per year can be a few hundred quid in your pocket.

Il be using it as a daily however I did put in 5K per year.. I mean how are they really going to know?

I don't think it's like a restriction it's more of an estimate rather than them saying if you do more than 5K in a year we aren't paying out.

Thanks for your pointer, appreciated 👊ðŸ¼

Welcome along Stephanie. I hope you find what you are looking for. Try and go for good service history and a tidy appearance. A forum members car is always a bonus as they usually are a pampered vehicle and well maintained . Please avoid buying from a car dealership called Junction 17, as they have a H :scare:rrific reputation. :)

Hello🙋ðŸ¼

Yeah I am hoping to get a forum members car😜 thanks for the heads up! Il be sure to avoid them!

£2k is a good price for what u have, I have 9 NCB & been driving 10 years & my cheapest quote was £650 with all mods declared, but one cheapest after that was £1900! Have u given Adrian flux a try? They have always been the cheapest on performance/modified cars.

Haven't tried Adrian flux yet, no. But I will! Thanks buddy 😊

Welcome to the forum. I have been with Bell for a few years now (a sister company of Admiral). I am 28, with 6yrs no claims, £300 fully comp. I bought the Zed around 3yrs ago (so 3 yrs no claims at 25 yrs old) and I think I was paying around £490. Well worth shopping around, using comparison sites etc.

Good luck on your hunt!

Yes my sister was with Bell for a year, never had any problems. £490 is really good but I think 25+ it suddenly drops in price quite dramatically. Thankyou so much il definitely look into them.ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Welcome to the forum your the first female z owner/member I've came across to be honest lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow! Really? I'm sure there are others perhaps you just haven't come across them yet🙈

• Like 1

Welcome Stephanie, take your time if you can to find the right zed. Took me a few weeks and few hundred miles of traveling. Only insurance tips I can give is move in with your other half and stick them on as a named driver and relation 'Co habiting/ civil partner' dropped my quote from £650 to £400. 25y/o 7yr ncb :)

I ended up buying a 05' de with 56k miles for £7k although needed some prep such as tyres and a little paintwork (good tyres aren't cheap)

I've been scouring the usual places (Forum, auto trader, piston heads, Ebay, gumtree) and have seen maybe 2 or 3 that I'd go and see but they all seem to be in Scotland☺ï¸ðŸ™‰

That's not bad considering that low mileage is pretty hard to come by now the lower tax brand modes are getting on for 12 years old.

And there is no other half haha, just me!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! Hope you find a nice zed! And get yourself down to some meets!

Thankyou Bradders. I will try my best to come to a few once I've got my zed, I work weekends which is a bummer as I guess most of your regular meets are during the weekends?

Welcome to the forum! Hope you find a nice zed! And get yourself down to some meets!

Thankyou Bradders. I will try my best to come to a few once I've got my zed, I work weekends which is a bummer as I guess most of your regular meets are during the weekends?

Nah we usually do a thursday night blluewater meet! Mines currently off the road so havn't organised one in a while but should be back on the road this month! And will create a thread.

Nah we usually do a thursday night blluewater meet! Mines currently off the road so havn't organised one in a while but should be back on the road this month! And will create a thread.

Oh right, awesome! il have to see, I finish work at 7:00pm and I reckon it would be about 45 mins from me to get to Bluewater. Definitely give me a shout when you organise the next one. Do you guys ever come over Surrey way?

Edited by Stephanie
  • Like 1

Hi Stephanie I'm over your way in Twickenham there is a small group of us that meet in Kingston and sunbury very often if you ever want to come out let me know .

if you need anyone to help you look over the zed before buying I'm more than happy to help done so with a fair few zeds so far.

as for insurance what do you do for work Atm as job can change insurance premiums a lot I was paying £1500 at 20 with 3 ncb

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi Stephanie I'm over your way in Twickenham there is a small group of us that meet in Kingston and sunbury very often if you ever want to come out let me know .

if you need anyone to help you look over the zed before buying I'm more than happy to help done so with a fair few zeds so far.

as for insurance what do you do for work Atm as job can change insurance premiums a lot I was paying £1500 at 20 with 3 ncb

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Oh nice one. I actually work about 5 minutes from KingstonðŸ‘🼠at the moment I work in Sales but in a few months or atleast by Christmas I will be a Design Engineer (I'm 3 weeks away from Graduating -at long last!)

My dad is pretty hands on and may aswell be a mechanic, so I think we should be all good. Thankyou so much for the offer though, if I get stuck I may take to up on it! Appreciate that -cheers buddyðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Is there anything in particular to look out for on the Zeds? I have had a read of common problems already.. My dad actually viewed a convertible one for himself the other day and got underneath and the whole base was completely rusted!

I'm only looking at:

•Pre 2006 -lower tax brand models

•GT

•Coupe

•Manual

•Low mileage (preferably 70k or under)

•Black leather seats -not a fan of the tan

My max budget is up to £7K I'm not bothered about the initial colour of the car as il be changing that anyway, did see a red 02 GT model on auto trader with 52K on the clock, only up for £5,995 but it said "part service history" so my guess would be turn up and they show you a load of old bus ticketsâ˜ºï¸ still seemed like a steal! Came with 6 months warranty too!

£1500 isn't a bad price at all! However I only have 1 years NCB...

Edited by Stephanie

Bell insurance part of admiral insists on a box fitted for the first 12 weeks. It really cuts down the premium, however you may have already sourced this option. :)

Ooo not sure about 12 weeks with a box... The first 12 weeks is when I'd want to be enjoying it the most! Ha!

Depends how much it cuts it down to.. 👀 but unless it's £500 then I think I'd rather pay £2K and not have the box for 3 months, some may think that's stupid but I feel if I get a box on a 3.5 V6 it's pointless having it 😅

My renewal in 3 months will be £1100 with all mods declared, I'm 20 next month and my insurance is going to be with elephant if that's any help! At the moment I am paying a lot as I have to stay with my current insurance, admiral, which is like £240 a month! Which is hurting me! Haha

My renewal in 3 months will be £1100 with all mods declared, I'm 20 next month and my insurance is going to be with elephant if that's any help! At the moment I am paying a lot as I have to stay with my current insurance, admiral, which is like £240 a month! Which is hurting me! Haha

Oh crikey that's steep! Definitely not about that monthly game🙌ðŸ¼

£1100 is pretty decent for 20 years old and all mods in. I've just been looking on comparison sites so far but will definitely go to places direct, will be trying Adrian flux too.

On the insurance side. Make sure you put down the estimated milage correct. If its a weekend or fun car that you will only be doing 5k per year in then insure for that as the difference between that and say 12k miles per year can be a few hundred quid in your pocket.

Il be using it as a daily however I did put in 5K per year.. I mean how are they really going to know?

I don't think it's like a restriction it's more of an estimate rather than them saying if you do more than 5K in a year we aren't paying out.

Thanks for your pointer, appreciated ������������

Be careful with that, yes it's an estimate but if you go over it they will be asking questions, if you go way over it, it's a great reason for them to throw out a claim if they wanted too.

They can check your millage from the MOT's, I work for an insurance broker.

Edit - Hi By the way, Welcome to the forum

Edited by nowhereboy