Brake light is out!

Jack wellZ

Darn! Been informed my brake light is out :( been looking around on the web and there's thousands of options so would like to get some advice.

What's everyone's go to bulb?

Also how easy is it to actually change the bulb in these as I've never had to in this car yet and I've heard that fronts are a bit of a pain.

Thanks in advance

Don't thin there's any special go-to bulb, got to your local auto supply will do the trick (Eurocarparts, GSF, Halfords, etc).......Its '380' Bayonet bulb, get good ones to avoid changing twice.

To change is pretty simple compared to the front, just remove 3-off covers (on top of the brake light unit), remove 3x M10 bolts (i think), then pull the unit out towards the side of your car (left or right) see pic below. I used 2 umbrella strap to make it easier to grab/pull the unit., simply slide them into the gap. Pull both in parallel to avoid breaking them studs on the unit. Once its out, unclip the harness and I think you can just turn the bulb holder to remove the holder from the unit to replace the bulb (I'm not sure of this step, as I removed the harness to replace this unit with an LED)

6_zps5ee2ea8d.jpg

Edited by veeg33

Thanks Ian went straight in! Not a bad job but I took all the interior out because a YouTube video showed you needed to 😭 Then realised I just wasn't pulling on the light hard enough hahah. Easy job without that though thanks for help guys

• Like 2