Dashcam, Satnav, HU & Reverse Cam in one?

Dal123

I'd like the above and I am prepared to custom build if required. I can strip out the old Bose unit if need be or run two seperate units.

Ideally I'd like a single head unit which will:

1. Constantly record a front-camera (drilled and neatly hidden in the dash);
  2. Sat-Nav;
  3. Play radio and connect with steering wheel controls;
  4. Turn to rear camera when in reverse, no need to record rear camera.

What's the best way for me to go about this? I do not want a stick on windscreen dash-cam. I want it to switch on and off when the vehicle is switched on.

Grateful of any guidance.

Requirements 2,3,4 you'll comfortably get in a decent double din head-unit with sat nav and a reverse cam input (plus obviously the camera), I can't recall seeing one that will do number 1 as well though.

I've got a cheapo innovv cam for front facing recording http://www.innovv.com/#!the-c1--c2/c13dx

I've not got round to wiring it in permanently, so I use it on demand, but with a live off the ignition and a decent sized memory card it can be configured to switch on and auto record on power up and it loop records on the memory card in 10 minute segments, so all you have to in the event of accident is get the memory card out before it loops back and records over itself (several hours).

• Like 1

Its pretty much all i have had (in various guises) in my last few cars. Imho they are great, i usually couple them to a decent amp/speakers and sound is good, operation is sometimes a little clonkly/slow when switching menus but i have never had one fail.

Anyone think any extra brackets, looms etc... are needed to install this? I'm not experienced with electrical work at all and am no way precocious so don't be afraid of stating the obvious guys.

My plan is when I have a week's holiday I will remove both bumpers, and worn laquered items and repaint, and install the new head unit, cameras etc... so I really can't afford any downtime whilst doing these works.

Again big thanks for all your help so far.