First gear sound, clicking/knocking after drive, handbrake issues

Ukeraa

Hi guys, sorry to post 3 issues in one thread, but I love my car and want to make sure it's as healthy as can be :).

Firstly, there's a sound I can hear when in first gear. I'm told this isn't a problem, but what actually is it?

Secondly, I hear a knocking sound after some drives and I've turned the ignition off. The garage I park it in overnight has quite an echo, so I really notice it there.

Lastly, my handbrake sucks. I've had it looked at and it's sort of better, but it's still bad when on a steep hill.

Are these common problems? What's the best action to take for each, if they are even issues? I'm not mechanical at all, I felt proud of myself for changing my wipers today haha.

All advice is appreciated. Happy Saturday!!

Joe.

I have the Cobra resonated exhaust. To be fair it's usually after quite a fast drive that it knocks. It sounds like it comes from random parts of the car, it'll be a few knocks spread over 10 to 20 seconds. Probably is it cooling :).

In first gear there's a sort of whining sound, it's faint but when the radio is off I can really hear it.

I'm 90% sure all is fine, the handbrake is quite annoying though. There's such a wealth of information and knowledge here I thought I'd ask about the few little things :).

Thanks.

Edited by Ukeraa