unpainted fibreglass........how does it hold up???

Miller350z

Hi all ive been thinking of buying a few bits for my car and depending on these replies I'll be on the phone ordering tomorrow.

i have been thinking of buying

gloss black gel coat finish:-

â— mines replica lip

â— side steps

â— nismo rep spats.

i was going to fit them and just leave them but how do they hold up and does the finish deteriorate after a few weeks.

anyone with experience with any of these products who can tell me how they hold up would be good.

thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately Its prone to stone chips whether painted or not, some gel coats are prone to UV damage as well, I have had slightly better results using a platciser additive in the paint, it gives a more flexible finish and seems to help with chips and cracks.

Edited by Tricky-Ricky

that's what i was thinking, its an extra couple of layers of protection.

car is going in for paint on 28th March for bumpers, bonnet and genuine nismo spoiler so makes sense to do it all at the same time. only thing im thinking now it do i just do it all the same colour?

car is blade silver with anthracite rays so thought black splitter, side steps, spats and top part of the spoiler in black would look quite good.

although i have been on the fence and the cheaper easier option would be all the same colour.

thoughts???

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk