Green leather,

vatra

Hey folks!

I have a large list of things I will be doing to my car, Some ideas and some are a certainty. This is one of those certain mods.
I'm a love of lime green or just bright candy green and given that I like the coloured interior inside selected 350z
So basically I'm wanting to recolour the interior but still keeping it stock (To a point)

So basically as a example.
[img]https://www.leatherseats.com/fileadmin/website_images/LS101_images/vehiclespecific_images/Nissan/350Z/2008Nissan350Z_BlackBurntOrangeLeatherInteriorInstalled.jpg[/img]
In the picture above the orange I want changing to green

[img]http://preview.netcarshow.com/Wald-Nissan_Z33-2003-1600-11.jpg[/img]
On this one above the orange being changed to green.

Now I have heard you can get a spray to do this though naturally doing that on black leather would be easier then on orange. Which is not a problem. But any suggestions guys? What stuff to use or anyone that could do it at all? I think the orange leather looks nice anyways but I like to personalize. :)

Thanks! :)

[quote name='ZEUS' timestamp='1455656413' post='1587278']
You can have the leather reupholstered or buy a recolour kit which is what I did, fairly easy to do.
[/quote]

Oh is it? I'm always nervous about doing anything like that myself as I don't want to mess it up. But If it is fair easy to do then I may just give it a shot. :)

I think you'll find colouring black leather is very difficult as it's a dark colour. Orange would be easier.

Use buffalo leather in Preston.

Personally I'd use an airbrush to do it but some of the guys have used a sponge.

Thin layers and the minimum amount for the coverage you need. I.e don't assume lathering it on until you have 10 million layers is the best practice. More you use the bigger chance of future failure.

The lacquer sealant is the layer that takes the brunt.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

[quote name='Ricey@revolveautomotive' timestamp='1455657344' post='1587286']
I think you'll find colouring black leather is very difficult as it's a dark colour. Orange would be easier.

Use buffalo leather in Preston.

Personally I'd use an airbrush to do it but some of the guys have used a sponge.

Thin layers and the minimum amount for the coverage you need. I.e don't assume lathering it on until you have 10 million layers is the best practice. More you use the bigger chance of future failure.

The lacquer sealant is the layer that takes the brunt.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Oh thank you very much for the suggestions and tips! :)