Squeaking??

LloydZee

Hi all

Fitted my K&N typhoon intakes today...amazing!

One issue though is now when the engine is cold I get a squeak and also when the accelerator is about an 8th of the way depresse (even when driving). I never noticed this noise before I fitted the intakes. It sounds like belts to me but coincidence that it's the same time as I've fitted the K&N?

Any help would be great. Thanks.

If it was belts would it be the tension or the belts on the way out?

Could be either.

You can check the belts just by visually inspecting them for any fraying/cracks/missing chunks/splits etc but also best to have a good feel with your fingers to feel if you can feel any irregularities. If all looks good & feels good then maybe start seeing then if you can increase the tension on the belt.

Has it been cold or colder than before when you first noticed the squeaking/squealing? Reason I ask is as the weather temperature can effect the belts. ;)

[media]

[/media]

EDIT: Just to be crystal clear DO NOT TOUCH or get anywhere near the belts when the engine is running. I'm sure you know that as it is just common sense but I cannot afford a law suit. :lol:;)

• Like 1