Motordyne ART Pipes and XYZ Y Pipe

samu23

Hi All

My car has recently failed its MOT on emissions, so I am using it as an excuse to revamp my exhaust system.

I currently have a Blitz Nur Spec back box (and mid-pipe?). I am considering adding the Motordyne ART Decats and XYZ Y Pipe with high flow cat.

Should the XYZ HFC pass an MOT? And are there any advantages of doing it this way over say BERK HFC and a standard Y pipe?

Any comments are welcome!

Cheers,

Sam

I'm running a XYZ pipe with sports cat and the car has passed it's Mot since fitting it. I believe the main advantage is should you want to remove the cat and fit a resonator or test pipe and run a decat system it's relatively easy to swap it out.

I'm running a XYZ pipe with sports cat and the car has passed it's Mot since fitting it. I believe the main advantage is should you want to remove the cat and fit a resonator or test pipe and run a decat system it's relatively easy to swap it out.

+ 1 on that. Fit the HFC pipe on the MOT day, then remove and put the straight pipe back :lol: Don't quote me on that, might have legal implications :lol:

You can see all the variants (resonated, high flow, test pipe) here: http://www.torqen.uk/89-y-pipes

• Like 1

Bought mine from Adrian, nice bit of kit...as youd expect from Motordyne. Its the way forward if you de-cat.

I did find i lost back pressure when i de-catted as i also have a boxless custom mid pipe, so hoping the HFC will help with that too.

:)