45 tyre on a 10.5 rear

Hayd350

Morning Chaps,

Think a wheel order is likely to go in today but I'm having trouble making decisions on tyres.

I'm sat on Tein s techs and the tyre gap is spot on after the 14mm drop rear as my daily.

My problem is if I'm running a 10.5 i know that for all the factory spec rolling radius and all that jaz i need to run a 40

profile tyre but ideally i want to run a 45 all round otherwise I'm pretty much back to factory arch gap.

I know a few lads on here are running 35's so surely a step in the other direction can't make a difference? Any advise as usual

is appreciated.

Cheers.

I was looking at a 275 to be honest, i figured a 285 may need an arch roll as Tein's don't alter the camber that much. Suppose the wider tyre with minimal stretch could make up the 10mm lost in profile height, is that the thinking?

Looking at 18's 9.5 et 22 fronts and 10.5 et 20 rears. 245/275 tyres.

I'll run the figures through willtheyfit and see what difference a 285mm will make, thanks for that.

If profile is important to you, then you simply have to pick the width to suit and accept you will be running a narrower tyre than is ideal. If that then puts it out of spec with the wheel width, then you need narrower wheels.

Tbh, profile is the last thing I'd worry about. If you want the gap to *look* smaller in the arches, then just move up a size wheel. It's by far the better way round of doing it, saves any worries about the TCS doing daft things then.

Cheers for that Ekona,

i really don't want to move up to a 19 as i think the 350 sits better on an 18. Plus my route to work wouldn't take it.

I'll run what ever is advised to be honest as i don't want any TCS issues. I've just run the figures back through willtheyfit and it's suggesting the arch gap gain will

be 0.25mm on a 275 40, that's like the width of a hair?

May just be a case of too many bourbon's whilst inputting the figures during the ten minutes that the missus was telling me about her day.

Does actually make sense from a rolling radius point of view i guess.