Looking at buying a 350z - what to be aware of...

beechams8091

I'm looking at buying a 350z and am wondering what to be aware of.

The car I'm looking at is a 2004 (54) 350z with 57,000 miles and up for £6,500. it has a full service history and was last serviced at 52,000 miles.

The next service is a p2 - I think.

Its got a cloth interior, an after market cd player in it, a few stone chips (to be expected on a car of this age) and a decent set of original alloys.

The interior plastics are a bit scuffed and scratched - particularly on the drivers door handle on the inside, and the odd mark on the passenger door and centre console.

Does this - on paper - sound like a good deal?

I've taken it out for a test drive and it seems to drive well and pulls well in all gears.

But I want to know if there are any issues I should be looking for, of be aware of further down the line.

Cheers

It would seem a big bone of contention on here is clutch issues, remember it is a wear and tear item and could go at any point, so best to factor in a possible exchange into your budget at some point imho, it may happen well done the line but that is something i would be considering due to the cost of repair, also consider tyres, circa £500 for some decent rubber and brake condition (discs and pads), most other items are relatively inexpensive (barring engine failure of course)

Edited by Jetpilot