High idle & slightly holding revs

GappySmeg

When warm my car idles about 950rpm, which I believe is 200rpm too high... am I right? Should I try the 'pedal dance' I've read so much about, or could that do more harm than good?

Also, when revd (in neutral) although it picks up astonishingly quickly, the revs drop back down a bit slower than I would expect. Can take a couple of seconds to settle back at 950rpm.

Is this just a characteristic? Could it be related to the high idle?

• 4 weeks later...

Did you get your problem sorted? I've just bought a 2008 GT roadster with 22,000 miles and it's doing similar things. When accelerating and changing gear when I take my foot off the accelerator depress the clutch the revs take a second or so before they start to drop. Also if I take my foot off the accelerator while cruising it's like you've still got your foot on the gas a bit. It's a real pain in the arse to drive in a slow moving traffic queue which I tend to get stuck in daily on my commute. I've seen other threads on here with a number of people complaining about the same issue but no definitive fault.

Did you get your problem sorted? I've just bought a 2008 GT roadster with 22,000 miles and it's doing similar things. When accelerating and changing gear when I take my foot off the accelerator depress the clutch the revs take a second or so before they start to drop. Also if I take my foot off the accelerator while cruising it's like you've still got your foot on the gas a bit. It's a real pain in the arse to drive in a slow moving traffic queue which I tend to get stuck in daily on my commute. I've seen other threads on here with a number of people complaining about the same issue but no definitive fault.

Try the throttle reset , sometimes it takes a few goes to reset properly