My rear speakers not working please help!

Saif7799

Hi everyone hope you having a nice day please I need ur help as my both rear speakers not working in my 2003 350z since I bought.... I'm in London is there anywhere that you recommend me go to check them out please really appreciate your help😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My FairladyZ is the base model, but still had rear speakers fitted, so my guess is they are fitted to most models.

Like yours, mine were not working.

After stripping out the plastics to get to them I found both had blown. :-(

I replaced the speakers and had sound again. :-)

I hope this helps...

• Like 1

Do all models of the 350z have rear speakers? Some versions of the 370z dont have them at all

Thanks for reply!!! I haven't open the covers yet so mine maybe not have speakers?? Not sure? It's a JDM import tho....

My FairladyZ is the base model, but still had rear speakers fitted, so my guess is they are fitted to most models.

Like yours, mine were not working.

After stripping out the plastics to get to them I found both had blown. :-(

I replaced the speakers and had sound again. :-)

I hope this helps...

Aaaaah I see thanks for reply! How do I know I have blowing speakers? Sorry have no idea?do I have to replace it to know that??

Thanks

Hi Saif,

by blown I meant the speaker units themselves do not work anymore despite getting a signal from the stereo head unit,

so maybe the speaker coils had burnt out.

Replace with new speakers and they will probably be ok, without having to change the wiring.

• Like 1

this maybe of help gaining access to the rear speakers.

You will need to do this for both the drivers and passenger sides. First pop off the door sill.

38.jpg

Then peel back the rubber lining and pop off the quarter panels

39.jpg

40.jpg

Pop off just the top of the plastic panel behind the seats like you did with the front speakers.

Open up the smaller compartments on top in-between the speakers, and just pull them out (they pop right out).

41.jpg

On the trunk side of that same panel, lift the carpet up and remove the poppers holding it in. Then pop the whole panel out and remove it.

42.jpg

Unscrew and remove the speakers:

43.jpg

Tap into the factory speaker wire, connect the new wire to the new speaker, and re-mount using the factory screws.

44.jpg

Put everything back together, and you're done!

• Like 2

this maybe of help gaining access to the rear speakers.

You will need to do this for both the drivers and passenger sides. First pop off the door sill.

38.jpg

Then peel back the rubber lining and pop off the quarter panels

39.jpg

40.jpg

Pop off just the top of the plastic panel behind the seats like you did with the front speakers.

Open up the smaller compartments on top in-between the speakers, and just pull them out (they pop right out).

41.jpg

On the trunk side of that same panel, lift the carpet up and remove the poppers holding it in. Then pop the whole panel out and remove it.

42.jpg

Unscrew and remove the speakers:

43.jpg

Tap into the factory speaker wire, connect the new wire to the new speaker, and re-mount using the factory screws.

44.jpg

Put everything back together, and you're done!

Thanks a lot that was very helpful!