Key issue

GeorgeW

This is an odd one, and I cant find any help on the internet!

Basically, my car key cuts out sometimes, as in if I try to unlock the car from, say, the front door, it wont work. It sometimes works if I walk around the car close.

The strange part is that, to make the key work as it should, I open the key up, remove all the bits, and then put it back together - problem solved for another couple of days!

Mad!

How about the battery contact points. Never had this with my 350z, but had it with a Renault Clio.

Try to clean the contacts and check if the battery is fixed well into position.

Hopefully this'll help you.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I agree with Davey - if you haven't already done so, try replacing the battery. I had a very similar issue to you - sometimes it worked fine from 20m away, sometimes I'd have to spam press it while standing next to the car (moving my arms around as I have no idea where the receiver is) etc... Changed the battery and now it works as it should. Threw me off for a while as I expected a more steady decline in performance, rather than it being intermittent.

no I tried the battery, had a new one when I got the car a few months back. doesn't make much of a difference. He sold the car with a dud fob, so first thing was the battery, which did nothing. Then I reprogrammed it, but got it to the state it is in now

no I tried the battery, had a new one when I got the car a few months back. doesn't make much of a difference. He sold the car with a dud fob, so first thing was the battery, which did nothing. Then I reprogrammed it, but got it to the state it is in now

How strange... As you've disassembled & reassembled many times yourself, I assume you've already checked the connections as well.

I'm out of ideas but I hope you get to the bottom of it. I know how super annoying small things like this can be! :surrender:

just to make it stranger, this morning it didn't work as usual, but instead to taking it apart, I just started to unscrew it - and it worked again. so I am leaving the little screw a few turns from completely tight to see if it works!