O2 Sensor Bypass ?

MikeyM

Hi.. i did do a search but came up without the answers ...

My 05 plate Z has a full decat exhaust system, this has caused the engine light to come on. I have been told this can be solved by doing an O2 sensor bypass....

If thats true..is it done via ecu update or is it a physical wire bypass ?

Anyone done it, is there a HOW TOO ?

Cheers :-)

Edited by MikeyM

It can be turned off via software. If you planning UpRev remap, it will be turned off then.

I am planning on a remapp at some point in the future.. Being quoted £275 for that.. But told have plenum spacer done, decat exhausts and pop charger first to get the best from the remapp.. Apparently he can get me up to 315bhp and he did nention Torque increase but cannot recall figure, which is a shame as Torque is what i look for :')

It can be turned off via software. If you planning UpRev remap, it will be turned off then.

I am planning on a remapp at some point in the future.. Being quoted £275 for that.. But told have plenum spacer done, decat exhausts and pop charger first to get the best from the remapp.. Apparently he can get me up to 315bhp and he did nention Torque increase but cannot recall figure, which is a shame as Torque is what i look for :')

315bhp good luck with that.

You will get a very small increase with the rev up however driveability will be improved.

As been said the rear sensors can be made redundant with the tune.

315bhp good luck with that.

You will get a very small increase with the rev up however driveability will be improved.

As been said the rear sensors can be made redundant with the tune.

I just double checked his statement and he is saying

"i can achieve 315bhp and i can improve on the stock power of 276bhp and the 350nm torque.

zero260 Stage power 315Hp & 389Nm.

this is a safe and reliable map but i maybe able to squeeze slighly more from it with the decat and air intake thats been done. again within its safe limit"

What do you normally expect from a remap ?

Agreed! bench tuning the ECU although the up rev can be done like this I suspect its not up rev software, especially since the price is cheap, I would lay money he wont get that sort of BHP, and if he is making that sort of claim why no dyno to prove it?

As for the cat monitor sensor delete, the best way is to have them turned off via up rev, but you can run without them, you will just get a constant CEL, but as they are not normally used except when there are other problems it wont cause any issues.