Engine warning lights

Carbon.Ninja

Engine warning light came on... Here is the background.. And need some advice.

First time it came on around 2 weeks ago, well after some sprites driving at round about and little heavy right foot. Got into work, borrowed a blue tooth OBD2 reader with phone app Torque(Lite) it comes back no fault code stored or history of fault code. However the engine warning light is on. So I reset and it cleared the warning light. However I notice exhaust note seems a little more spirited although the exhaust is getting to end of life.

Today a little heavy right foot, the warning light returned. Whats common in both ocassion is that the throttle was pressed deep.

Office isn't open until next year and I have no access to the tool to reset it. Anyone have any ideas? If anyone has tools go read the code in Bedford area or nearby?

我從使用 Tapatalk çš„ Nexus 6 發é€

Can't tell you why your EML is on but you can read the code yourself or turn the EML off using the ECU reset procedure also known as the "pedal dance".

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53148-how-to-ecu-accelerator-pedal-throttle-valve-resets/

Fault codes PDF link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/81962-350z-fault-codes-in-pdf/

The code flashes up like "morse code" so you will need to read the light as it flashes (as below video shows although on a US car).

:thumbs:

• Like 1

ive used torque lite and other bletooth ones before, they are pretty crap to be honest. i say that becase i thought they were funky and useful, until i had some proper ECU software plugged in. the ifference is night and day, and the Apps didnt pick up on alot of faults.

Get yourself some proper laptop software andan ODBII cable :)

Yes that code indicates an O2 sensor fault.

• P1147 Heated O2 Sensor 2

Are you running standard Cats? exhaust?

If you are running De-Cats or HFC's (High Flow Cats) then that could be why the codes popped up. Otherwise you could have a faulty O2 sensor or maybe your Cats have had it. :shrug:

If it was me I'd just clear the code, drive the car as normal and then if the EML/code appears again then I'd start to investigate it further. Sometimes they can have a little "blip" and set the EML off.

Hope that helps or gives you food for thought at least & Merry Christmas. :thumbs:

• Like 1

GM thanks for the advice and particularly over Christmas. The car have standard CAT, and standard exhaust but I notice the exhaust is slightly blown at the rear. Whole morning trying to find a single exit.. Since I have the excuse to replace now may just need to add O2 sensor to the list... Well let's drive for a while and see.. :)

我從使用 Tapatalk çš„ Nexus 6 發é€

You're welcome of course and remember you don't need to rush into buying parts. Just clear the code (using the pedal dance) & see if it happens again. If it doesn't then you can concentrate on just replacing the exhaust system.

Plenty of excellent traders on here offering a wide range of exhaust systems to suit all budgets. :thumbs: