Engine light on with De-cats

syy

I can't stop the light coming on within 10 miles or so since fitting de-cats. I've tried with no spacer, and I've tried with 2" long spacer/flow restrictors but still the light comes on. I don't want to go down the uprev or remap route yet. Is there any other cheap fix? (Other than taping over the dash light)

Just a word of advice, if your not technically minded like my self and so you don't waste money or drag Wasso out in the rain after work for no reason! Both things I did!

If your motor is an import you will have to get a different reader! I had the same drama and normal uk code readers don't work in the imports!

Like I said a quick word of advice! Haha

It would be a rubbish coincidence. I covered about 500 miles with just the new exhaust and y pipe fitted,with no light, then the light comes on the same day as I put the de cats on. It's gotta be that really doesn't it. I'll check the fault code anyway just to be sure

It would be a rubbish coincidence. I covered about 500 miles with just the new exhaust and y pipe fitted,with no light, then the light comes on the same day as I put the de cats on. It's gotta be that really doesn't it. I'll check the fault code anyway just to be sure

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sports cat are one thing but de-cat, i cant see how you will get the EML off without a re-map, the ECU will throw a wobly until you program it otherwise. After i had a full through system with HFC's my EML came on after i booted it down the motorway, The codes (yes codeS plural, as this will throw many emission/02/co2 related codes) were all checked and found to be related to the cats etc. A remap is the only way unless your attempting to do something i'm not aware of to trick the ECU.