Recommend me: Wheel Cleaner

chirag1988

You shouldn't have to use harsh cleaners on sealed or coated wheels.

I was just going to say I just use normal car shampoo and they come up nice and shiny, but then mine are powder coated and black!

Shampoo will get rid of the superficial dirt and make them look shiny, so looks fine with the naked eye. The point of products like BH is that it goes red/purple, this is the product removing the micro particles of hot metal that embed themselves onto your wheels during day to day driving which will be left behind after your wipe down with wash mitt and shampoo. BH is PH neutral so not harsh and will not damage wheel finish.

Chirag! its funny, since I moved I could possibly use that pressure washer now as its easy to get parked outside, oh how I spend many an evening pining for my little blue pressure washer :lol:

Any fairly strong chemical product, water based or not, will degrade a sealant more than a normal car soap would. I know the function of what these wheel cleaners are for, but if you properly clean and seal your wheels, soap wand water and a wheel brush will get it clean enough. The benefits are two fold. One, you save time, two, these wheel cleaners are really expensive so you save a load of money too.

I agree to a point, but your best wheel sealant doesn't stop the contaminants which are not removed by soap and water degrading your wheels. Actually the superficial dirt which soap and water removes I believe does little to damage wheels over time, its the stuff you cant see, which is left by soap approach that does the damage leading to rust and the like.