Nissan / Nismo factory tours - Yokohama - anyone been?

Squee

Last night I booked flights to Tokyo for a week June 2016. I'm hoping the flights will be honoured as they're mispriced at £230 return from Dublin! I believe the same flights from the UK are normally £600+ so quite a saving and I'll use some Avios points to get out to Dublin and back. Last year I managed to get mispriced flights to NYC for £180, which were honoured, so hoping this will work too :)

Anyway....whilst out there I would love to go on a Nissan factory tour. I'm sure there'll be a few folks on here who have been out there so if anyone can advise on how 'do-able' this is I'd be grateful. And any other recommendations for a petrol-head couple heading out there would be great too.

I have read on google that there's some sort of Nissan facility open to the public in Yokohama just outside Tokyo but there may well be other facilities open to the public at other Nissan plants in the country. I'm more interested in Zed / Nismo stuff than eco-box engines and I suspect the Yokohama plant is all about showing off the companies green credentials.

And if you all want to chip in for me to send a container of car parts back to the UK let me know ;)

S.

Last night I booked flights to Tokyo for a week June 2016. I'm hoping the flights will be honoured as they're mispriced at £230 return from Dublin! I believe the same flights from the UK are normally £600+ so quite a saving and I'll use some Avios points to get out to Dublin and back. Last year I managed to get mispriced flights to NYC for £180, which were honoured, so hoping this will work too :)

Anyway....whilst out there I would love to go on a Nissan factory tour. I'm sure there'll be a few folks on here who have been out there so if anyone can advise on how 'do-able' this is I'd be grateful. And any other recommendations for a petrol-head couple heading out there would be great too.

I have read on google that there's some sort of Nissan facility open to the public in Yokohama just outside Tokyo but there may well be other facilities open to the public at other Nissan plants in the country. I'm more interested in Zed / Nismo stuff than eco-box engines and I suspect the Yokohama plant is all about showing off the companies green credentials.

And if you all want to chip in for me to send a container of car parts back to the UK let me know ;)

S.

There are a few Nissan exhibitions near Omori that are open to the public. If you're planning on going to a few car-places (Autobacs, Up Garage) /. Car meets etc then hiring a car is a good shout. Otherwise, get yourself a hotel in a ward connected to a main train hub - assuming you're staying in the centre (shinjuku etc)

Personally, the best place I recommend staying with good fast links to both Chiba (Top Secret) & Yokohama (Omori) is Yotsuya / Akasaka - it sits on the JR line which terminates in Chiba & is directly linked to Shinjuku West (NishiShinjuku) which is the main hub for trains from Tokyo to Yokohama. Its also really close to Akihabara, Tokyo Tower, Asakusa etc - all the touristy @*!# you'd want to do.

Enjoy your visit.

G