Sat Nav Install

Dicky

Decided to install my Tom Tom Go 530 into the front cubby the other day and to carry out the Bose Phono/iPod hack Posted by Husky a while ago (see Guides).....Apologies for the poor picture

Removed the Tom Tom to computer docking station USB, removed the power supply cable mini USB and connected the two cables together to get power to the Tom Tom from the passenger side 12v power socket.

Because the Tom Tom on/ off switch is mounted on the top I had to open it up, drill a small hole in the back and connect a wire in parallel with the on/off switch and route it to the small red switch you can see in the picture to allow you to turn it on and off.

The Tom Tom, when sitting on the docking station, fits perfectly and snug into the cubby so no need to secure it.

I then carried out Husky's Bose mod and terminated the wire in a 3.5mm jack socket seen in silver on the left of picture. Mounting the jack socket was a bit of a struggle as the plastic is thicker than the thread length on the socket (had to counter bore it) and cutting a hole in the cubby rubber base to line up with the socket mounted in the plastic was a bit of a fiddely mission also. Anyway the end result is tickety boo and my daughter can now find her way around the country and play her iPone music at the same time.

SATISFACTION

post-7772-0-17892500-1448712218_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Dicky
  • Like 1