Overheating / Air lock..?

RichCox350Z

Hi guys,

Been reading through a few posts on here from other members regarding the overheating issue the 350Z DE sometimes suffers from.

So to run through everything that's been checked:

Fans - both working normally, with or without use of AC

Dial - reading correctly

Thermostat - opening/closing as it should

Air Flow - good, not being starved

Cockpit Heater - behaving normally and hot air coming through regardless of rev range.

Driveway - flat and level, very rarely parked on a slope

Water pump - fine. Behaving normally.

Still having a problem with overheating.

Garage has had it for the day and bled the valve through to the point of the coolant free-flowing. Done a block test and fluid level test and everything is sound. Mechanic is stumped, so am I.

Only thing I did notice last night when I went to drive it, upon start up I could hear a rushing sound of water behind the dash.. leading me to think that there is still air trapped in the heater matrix?

So question is... Do I attempt another session of bleeding it with heater on low, squeezing flow/return pipes and see what happens? Or does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Rich

When does the car overheat ?

Sounds like you still have air in the system.

What bleeding procedures are they following ?

After driving for about 15-30 minutes. Temp gauge starts rising, causing me to pull over and wait.

I honestly couldn't tell you what procedures they followed. However I will say I thoroughly trust the garage, they've always done work on all my families cars so I'm confident in what he says he's done.

I know that doesn't help much! Lol

Have they tried flushing out the coolant lines and back flushing the radiator ?

If all you say is correct then it really has got to be a blockage of air or foreign material.

Have you tried running without the thermostat ?

Have you checked the vanes on the water pump ?

Remember that the proper bleed system must be followed to get all the air out, so best refer to the Nissan 350 workshop manual for that.

Edited by ZMANALEX