Anyone good with Responsive Code?

Grundy

So I've got a WP website, fair bit of content now and the traffic is increasing.

I don't like to publish things half arsed.

So my main issue is some of my pages need tweaking to be fully responsive.

Websites perfect on 1920x1080 but in this day and age most people view on tablets/mobile devices.

So looking to see if there is anyone out there who could give me some pointers on where to start.

Here's my home page - http://www.teamtarmac.com/

And here is my new page created - http://www.teamtarmac.com/events-main/uks-biggest-car-shows-of-2016/

Just looking for some tips :)

Mods - I've removed my Merchandise page as last time my thread got deleted for asking advice on the website because it had a merchandise tab on it.

Hi Matt,

Will you be tweaking it for iPads too.

Even if I turn my iPad sideways, the letters are disappearing off each side of the screen. Otherwise looking good :)

That's my plan.

The basic theme is responsive, but I've tweaked it so much that most of my additions aren't fully responsive :lol:

I've managed to make the header/buttons cascade down for mobile devices. Thats about as much as my responsive coding goes :lol:

Hi Matt,

Will you be tweaking it for iPads too.

Even if I turn my iPad sideways, the letters are disappearing off each side of the screen. Otherwise looking good :)

That's my plan.

The basic theme is responsive, but I've tweaked it so much that most of my additions aren't fully responsive :lol:

I've managed to make the header/buttons cascade down for mobile devices. Thats about as much as my responsive coding goes :lol:

More than I can do mate :D

• Like 1

Hey,

I'm a web developer and work on responsive WordPress sites quite a lot.

Happy to help if you could point out your concerns. :)

Hodaka

Sweet, may have a couple of questions, as I've basically been learning whilst building.

managed to solve my problem for now by using 'background-size: contain' on my images to allow them to fit on a mobile view.

Sweet, may have a couple of questions, as I've basically been learning whilst building.

managed to solve my problem for now by using 'background-size: contain' on my images to allow them to fit on a mobile view.

Looks like you've done a pretty damn good job :thumbs:

I'm more than happy to help if I can, so gimme a shout if you have any questions etc... :)

Looks like you've done a pretty damn good job :thumbs:

I'm more than happy to help if I can, so gimme a shout if you have any questions etc... :)

Cheers dude much appreciated. Before I expand it any more, I think I now want to get all the creases ironed out. I.e. get rid of any unused blank spaces (this mainly happens in mobile view as I've been building it just as desktop view for now) make sure there is consistency across all my pages, then once that is done I'd like to carry on upgrading my 'merchandise' page as it's very minimal at the moment as I was in a rush setting it up to allow ease of payments. There's no E commerce plugins used atm, that's how basic it is :lol:

Yeah that totally makes sense. It's a bit late now I guess, but have you tried coding mobile first then using media queries for larger screens? I find it an easier approach as there's more things to worry about when coding for smaller screens. :)

As I say, probably pointless mentioning it as you've already built a lot of the website!

Don't hesitate to let me know if you need a second pair of eyes or to discuss anything. As long as I can help, I will :happy:

Yeah that totally makes sense. It's a bit late now I guess, but have you tried coding mobile first then using media queries for larger screens? I find it an easier approach as there's more things to worry about when coding for smaller screens. :)

As I say, probably pointless mentioning it as you've already built a lot of the website!

Don't hesitate to let me know if you need a second pair of eyes or to discuss anything. As long as I can help, I will :happy:

I think that will be my route for future pages (if that's feasible) It started off as a small website but it's expanding fast, so need to start up my game and learn some more CSS :lol:
  • Like 1