Clutch Creaking

Wizza2000

Hello

Bit of advise I had new clutch and dmf fitted about 8000 miles ago so know the issue not that

But now experience a creeking clutch noise when getting biting point in 1st or 2nd only when pedal is slowly lifted fast gear change no noise

I've lubricated pedal and the rubber where clutch fork enters transmission but noise still there

Do you reckon the fork or pivot ball needs a spray or could it be the slave or master cylinder ?

Gear changes are perfect so know not major just annoying little noise I think my ocd is setting in lol

Note this creaking noise only happens when car has been driven after about 10 miles so happens when components are warm

Any advise would be appreciated

Edited by Wizza2000

I've got exactly the same problem at the moment! Had the car in with Nissan just over a week ago and they fitted a new clutch, but the problem remains (I'm now thinking a new clutch probably wasn't necessary!). Got the car booked back in on Monday next week - I've trawled the forums and have found others experiencing the same issue but there never seems to be a definitive answer as to what the problem actually is.

Same here I searched the forum sounds like a dry pivot ball joint inside the bell housing where the clutch fork meets/mounts it,

Gonna jack up car at weekend and try pull back the rubber access panel where fork goes through and try lightly lubricating that pivot ball and hopefully that cures it 😀

Let you know how I get on , gotta love the forum sounds like a known issue that some owners have had and the above seems to resolve so gotta try what others have done - fingers crossed

I have EXACTLY the same issue so interested to see what the outcome is. I notice it at the end of journeys or after getting stuck in traffic (warm) that it starts creaking when engaged. I hope its a cheap "just lube this" type response! :wacko:

exactly the same as me then glad not the only one 😜

Same here I searched the forum sounds like a dry pivot ball joint inside the bell housing where the clutch fork meets/mounts it,

Gonna jack up car at weekend and try pull back the rubber access panel where fork goes through and try lightly lubricating that pivot ball and hopefully that cures it 😀

Let you know how I get on , gotta love the forum sounds like a known issue that some owners have had and the above seems to resolve so gotta try what others have done - fingers crossed

Hi wizza2000 did you jack the car up at the weekend and if so any luck? Gpt my car back from nissan today. The only thing they suggested is that the flywheel could be warped and would be in excess of £2k to replace using nissan parts. When they did the clutch though they could not see anything obviously wrong with the flywheel.

If you have an older DE engined car non revup try greasing the slave cylinder on the outside of the gearbox (rev up onward had them built into the housing) when it rains heavy water runs down my bonnet vents and gives me the squeak. A bit of grease in the rubber boot on the slave solves it . . . . Well until Scottish weather washes it away.

Gonna jack up car at weekend and try pull back the rubber access panel where fork goes through and try lightly lubricating that pivot ball and hopefully that cures it ������

Hi wizza2000 did you jack the car up at the weekend and if so any luck? Gpt my car back from nissan today. The only thing they suggested is that the flywheel could be warped and would be in excess of £2k to replace using nissan parts. When they did the clutch though they could not see anything obviously wrong with the flywheel.

sorry for late reply, yes jacked my car up lubricated the slave cylinder rod to the clutch fork and also lubricated the pivot ball behind rubber grommet but like pi##ing in the wind though lol it never work still have the creaking pedal so took it down to my mate to listen to and he said master cylinder push rod is making that noise and everything I sprayed on pedal missed what I needed to hit

He said I need to drop ecu couple of bolts above pedals so out of way and get a better look and lubricate pedal, he also mentioned due to years of footwell heater blower on it looks like dried out the rubber/plastic bushes on clutch pedal and when I think it's creaking outside he said you would because master cylinder is bolted to firewall and noise is resonating into engine bay hence why I can hear outside but he definitely said try lubricating the pedal higher up where this rod and bushes on pedal are, but drop ecu worth trying that first otherwise he said bring it back and he will remove master cylinder and clutch pedal and re-lubricate on a bench then put back in

He said that's last resort though and to trial and error that diy way a few times first to save money

He is a good honest mechanic and used to be general service manager for Honda before he got hacked off for working for dealers so set up his own business 6 years on still only one that touches my cars

Let you know how I get in with pedal lubing lol gonna have a go Sunday

Edited by Wizza2000
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...