Keys and alarm

muzzer

Hello - I've seen the very helpful posts on changing the batteries in the alarm key - thank you.

Just a quick q about how to tell whether the key alarm battery is really flat. I'm pretty sure mine is - point it at the car, press, nothing. Then have to unlock car with key in lock and alarm goes off, put key in ignition, turn it to turn alarm off - so far, so obvious.

Thing is, key will then a few minutes later, after a short drive, work and turn alarm on/off remotely. But not consistently.

My question is whether this is just what batteries do unless they're completely flat, or if it could be something else. I think not, but as well to check.

I've ordered new batteries for the key and will changing them per the helpful posts elsewhere on here and I expect that will fix everything. Hoping if I get the new one(s) in quickly enough I won't need to re-program.

Thank you in advance.

Not sure why if works sometimes after a short drive, try again once you swap the battery. I don't think removing the battery and swap with a new one will need a re-program. It should work as normal (if your initial issue was battery related).

My guess is, somehow the electromagnetics in your zed somehow charges the battery a little bit IMO B)

don't think its the battery, sounds like you need to do the reset procedure. Good luck resolving it either way. PS. Make sure you fit the battery the right way around. It will fit both ways but no good obviously if not fitted correctly.