App to test speaker phase

DarmoZ

So after having a complete audio upgrade installed including head unit, all speakers, 4 channel amp and active sub in boot, you would think I was a happy camper, but my music always sounded off.

After using the app 'Speaker Pop' it showed me that me rear left speaker was wired out of phase with all the others. Saved a ton of time and effort.

Edited by DarmoZ

[quote name='HaydnH' timestamp='1446728456' post='1549008'][quote name='DarmoZ' timestamp='1446717691' post='1548931']
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

I can't find Speaker Pop in Google's Play Store... anyone know an Android equivalent?[/quote]

Polarity checker has lots of good reviews on Google App Store

If you don't want to spend money on an app this web test will also let you know if your speakers are out of phase.

http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_polaritycheck.php

The website confirmed for me that my rear speakers were out of phase of each other, and I know I had to reverse the wires on one of them, but I didn't know which one. Then after using speaker pop app, It showed that every speaker in my car was on a positive (+) polarity where as rear left was negative (-). So simply swapped the wires on rear left and all sounds great now.