HID LAMP, WHICH ONE? NOW DRL ISSUES WITH WIRING. HELP!!!

zebedy

Just wondered, as its baffling the hell out of me. My 05 350 has a H7 bulb just below the projector lamp. So, is the H7 bulb the HID bulb with the ballasts? and if so, what is behind the projector lens??

Sorry I'm asking this as I know its been covered many times but there is also a lot of ambiguity regards to bulb fitments on this car. I was advised on another post to get 501 or 508 indicator bulb (forget which type) for the headlamp and turns out that its not a bayonette fitting but a large wedge fitting T TYPE bulb which also I probably need a resistor for as I'm putting in Amber LED's.

Please guys, for the sake of my sanity, can you please advise and make it a sticky. lol

thanks

Edited by ZZZebady

Ok. My new bumper has a pair of drls on them. Ive bought a relay off ebay and requires me to tap into the main beam [ the hid xenons] so that the drls fade as the main beam kicks in to meed with the new laws. But im really confused as to what colour the positive wire is going into the back of this bulb. Ive peeled the metal braiding back and there are three lught coliyrs pastel like wires. Is one of yhese the pisitive or are my looking totally the wrong place to tap into the main beam?? This is now holding my build up. Been out there all night tonight and cannot seem to hit the correct wire. Im stumped. Help!!!

Kyle you bang on.....Indeed they have fried the relay that I bought for the DRL's. So need anothor one.

Im starting to think I may as well just have the DRL's working with an on/off rocker switch in the Cab. :-/

So does anyone know what and where is the initial power feed for the HID is located, other than tapping into the switch / stalk. I cant be the only one doing this. What have others done when swapping their front bumper reflectors to DRL's?

Thanks guys for your input thus far. Frustration is not the word !!

Kyle you bang on.....Indeed they have fried the relay that I bought for the DRL's. So need anothor one.

Im starting to think I may as well just have the DRL's working with an on/off rocker switch in the Cab. :-/

So does anyone know what and where is the initial power feed for the HID is located, other than tapping into the switch / stalk. I cant be the only one doing this. What have others done when swapping their front bumper reflectors to DRL's?

Thanks guys for your input thus far. Frustration is not the word !!

Just tap into your side lights (i.e. the first position on the light switch).