Key or Locks

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

Back in July I had a problem with my key fob as it suddenly stopped working. This was quickly rectified with a simple replacement battery. However, over the next few months I noticed that the key fob would work for about a couple of weeks and then the same thing would happen. I'd open the key fob up, replace the battery and it would be fine again for a short time before I needed to put yet another battery in. I'm pretty sure that the batteries should last more than a couple of weeks, so am beginning to wonder if the little circuit board or the buttons on it might be failing. I've had the same problem tonight and have replaced the battery, but now the key fob isn't working at all. I'm assuming it's a problem with the key fob, but am wondering if it might be something to do with the locking system on the car. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I had a similar problem last week. The remote worked sporadically and then would only open the drivers door. I went and had my battery replaced and all fine until this morning when it happened again! The only common denominator for me was damp weather or heavy condensation due to the colder weather. This morning it opened the drivers side and took two attempts to lock it followed by a double click and hey presto it worked.

Guest marcw79

Only having one (now failing) key i had to go looking and have just been quoted 187 for a new key ... From Nissan ... Pretty happy with that having been previously quoted 220 to 250 ... Not a cheap item ... But you can't do much without it ...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk