Breakdown Cover - this may seem obvious but........

nixy

Last year I took out breakdown cover on the zed and then added personal cover as I had two cars. Both cars were over 10 years old.

This year on renewal I was about to do the same again but as my second car is now only a year old, I took out the cover on THAT car and added personal cover so that I am covered in any vehicle (including the zed). The quote was much lower as the the main car I had covered was under 5 years old!

Hope that makes sense but such a daft little thing made a difference of about a third.

Are you the only one that drives those cars? Only I have breakdown cover on all of my cars, comes to just under £100 a year as they are all old. Personal cover wouldn't work for me as I share the cars with OH and therefore I might not be in the car when it breaks down.

The main car is covered as 'the car' and whoever is driving it is covered. I am then covered for 'whichever vehicle I am in' All of that came to £42 with Start Rescue and then they gave me a 10% loyalty discount which was good. I'm covered for National recovery. Wish Sky would do the same! You can add personal cover for other drivers at the same address too.

Edited by nixy