ESP and MIL lamp on after engine started

calibre

Hi folks,

I'm looking at buying another 350z after my first one passed away (via a ditch, hedge, fence and field... :scare:)

I was just wondering as I'm seeing photos only of a UK 350z and the "ESP off" light is illuminated in the rev counter (perhaps the buttons been pressed?), as is the orange car with 2 S shaped skids (normal when ESP is off if I recall correctly?) as are the MIL, ABS and (!) light (hand brake on if I recall)

I just wondered if anyone else had these lights on when stationary with the engine running - or perhaps when they've hit the ESP off button?

The revs are just over 750rpm so I assume its warmed up and been running a short while.

I'm thinking its not normal, and not knowing how the ESP or ABS work, but assuming they use sensor rings on the wheels/hubs - I'm thinking a sensor has packed up on the rear and thus the ESP nor the ABS is working?

Any feedback or anything would be greatly appreciated - perhaps these lights are just normal at stand still but I don't remember seeing them and would have thought they'd go out when the engine was started.

Keep it rubber side down folks :D

When all of them are lighted up, it could be sensor issue (ABS or throttle body or crank shaft position). You'll need a code reader to find out the actual fault code.

Cheers, it sound like promising, I'm hoping it will be something along those physical/mechanical lines and not some expensive dealer only "black box" £££££ type fix

I'm not able to access the car, its salvage, sold as seen on the info provided from a company I trust. Whoever they are selling it for has paid for additional info, background checks, engine starts etc. it comes with both keys and other stuff, it low mileage, it looks good bar the warning lights.

Another other opinions or advice would be great.

I'm really looking forward to getting behind the wheel of another Zed!

When all of them are lighted up, it could be sensor issue (ABS or throttle body or crank shaft position). You'll need a code reader to find out the actual fault code.

Cheers, it sound like promising, I'm hoping it will be something along those physical/mechanical lines and not some expensive dealer only "black box" £££££ type fix

I'm not able to access the car, its salvage, sold as seen on the info provided from a company I trust. Whoever they are selling it for has paid for additional info, background checks, engine starts etc. it comes with both keys and other stuff, it low mileage, it looks good bar the warning lights.

Another other opinions or advice would be great.

I'm really looking forward to getting behind the wheel of another Zed!

Good luck with it mate! Sound like the zed bug is still ticking in you! B)

ok thanks, any suggestion welcome, it's all getting written down on a "things to check" in order of difficulty so I can hopefully quickly rule out some things.

veeg33 yes, the Zed bug is going very stong, everytime one drives past my heart sinks in to sadness!

I've been looking at a new 370z but I can't afford the repayments :headhurt: