Touch up required - is it worth going pro?

Mikevv

Hi guys, I was on my way to work just a minute ago and hit a stick in the road :(

It was round a corner so I had nowhere to go, cars on the other side of the road, so had to try and hit it square on.

I slowed down as much as I could but it somehow has flicked up and left a nasty mark across my rear quarter.

I'm just wondering what sorta price it would be to get this fixed? It's gone right down to the base metal by the looks of it ( its hard to see at 10:30 pm )

Made two marks, one deep one and the weird mark going through the deeper one. like it snapped and two things hit my car?

Would I be better off buying a touch up kit and just living with the mark disguised, or is it worth getting it professionally done?

Sorry for the dirty car and crap picture, I'm at work.

Edited by Mikevv

• 1 month later...

Can you get your finger nail in the whole area or does the depth differ? I would try to touch in the deepest part if not too larger an area. Then a little flat and polish, or machine polish. If all fails mate then take to a bodyshop for a quote as you have nothing left to loose. :)

• 1 month later...

Hey Mike, if you're going to have a go yourself which surely can't do anything but give you experience then I'd suggest using a cocktail stick to apply the paint instead of the brushes supplied with the touch up kits. Unless you are going to use a model makers brush which come in the smallest of sizes using a cocktail stick gives you more control. It may be more time consuming but I've found the results far better. Unless you're an old fashioned signwriter you'll more than likely get better results this way. Good luck with it.

OOoppsss,just seen the date of your original post just curious to know how you got on with it?

Edited by samsniss350z