mishimoto Oil Cooler Kit

matt3579

hi all

so ive seen the mishimoto oil cooler kit that comes with a thermostatic sandwich plate would this be ok to use on a daily drive ish i mean its my weekend/ evening car so it will make a few normal trips but i will be out a good 3/4 nights a weeks driving it like im on track would only say for 20 mins half hour then park it up for a few hours maybe less and hammer it home.

would you say its worth putting in a oil cooler or not i dont want to fit one and have it running to cold but i dont know if anyone has any experience with the mishimoto thermostatic one and if does function well on daily driven ones

thanks in advance

matt

With thermostatic plate it won't run too cold as that's what that plate is for! It stays closed until oil gets to a good operational temperature.

P.s. Not gonna comment on your driving style on public roads lol

Edited by Vlad
  • Like 1

I have one fitted on my zed with the thermostat plate and it works fine IMO, I fitted a temp gauge with it aswell so I can see when it's up to temp. It doesn't take too long perhaps 5-10 mins to get the oil temp up to 80*.

Be careful if/when you fit it though as when you fill it with oil the thermo plate will be closed so it will still take 4.7 litres but when the engine warms up the plate opens and fills the empty rad and will drop your oil to just on the min of the dipstick so keep an eye out for it